Are you craving pasta? If so, chances are you are thinking of oily noodles under lots of sauce and Parmesan cheese that makes you feel guilty just because. But the truth is that you don’t need cheese, dairy or eggs to enjoy a good plate of pasta; preparing vegan pasta doesn’t mean just topping it with tomato sauce, either, in fact this vegan pasta recipe has come to your rescue. Try this next time you want pasta and you’ll be thanking us!
Cauliflower Fettuccine “Alfredo” (Vegan)
This recipe is Vegan, sugar-free, and soy-free.
This is a extremely good-tasting, super light and energizing vegan “Alfredo” pasta sauce made using cooked cauliflower! You have to taste this recipe to believe how good it is. The yeast on this recipe gives the sauce a lovely “cheesy” flavor while the blended cauliflower creates a luxurious and mouth-watering creamy base. You could also use it to make a risotto or oven roasted vegetables.
- 4 heaping cups cauliflower florets (1 small/medium cauliflower)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (from 2 med/lg cloves)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened and unflavoured almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Fettuccine pasta of choice (I used one (8-oz) box of Eden Organic Spelt Ribbons)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Include cauliflower florets in a huge pot and cover with water. Convey to a low heat. When bubbling, cook for another 3-7 minutes until soft. Remove from Water.
- In the interim, include the oil into a skillet and saute the minced garlic over low warmth for 4-5 minutes until mollified and fragrant, yet not sautéed.
- In a rapid blender, include the cooked and depleted cauliflower, sauteed garlic, drain, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until a super smooth sauce The key here is to get a truly smooth sauce so don’t be hesitant to give it a chance to keep running for a minute or more. Put aside.
- Heat a huge pot of water to the point of Include your selected measure of pasta and bubble for the time taught on the box. Remove pasta from water.
- Include cauliflower sauce into the pot (you can even utilize the same pot!) and include the Warm over low-medium until it it’s to your liking. Add salt again to taste (the pasta weakens the flavor a bit).
- Present with crisp minced parsley and dark Don’t hesitate to include your most loved sauteed or cooked vegetables. Peas, spinach, and broccoli get along pleasantly with this!
The Best Vegan Pasta Recipe Out There!
Even though vegan Alfredo sauces made with cashews are delicious, this one isn’t high in fat and calories. So this is the perfect vegan pasta recipe for volume eaters that can’t get enough pasta in their mouths!